Saturday, May 2, 2020

A Beautiful Saturday Morning

It's a beautiful Saturday morning.
Blue skies.
Sunshine streams in the bedroom window.
Jethro joins me on the bed as if to say, "Good morning, Mom!"

The sunshine bounces off his lush sable and white coat
as I admire some lovely red highlights in his fur.
What a lucky girl am I
to have this magnificent creature in my life.
As I pet him, I ponder what today will bring.
Perhaps being serenaded by songbirds on the patio
with a cup of java would be a good start.
Mmmm.

Then I hear it.
A distant "Yip!" outside my window.
The bubble bursts.
Jethro, liked greased lightening,
shrieks down the hallway
proclaiming his daily headline news:
"It's Carter!"
(Sigh)

And so I'm brought back to reality
greeted by the neighborhood Labrador retriever,
who kindly reminds me what time it is.

But it's Saturday.
And the skies are still blue.
And it's sunny outside, too.

© 2020 All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment